I AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERRING MY WEBSITE – PLEASE VISIT MY NEW SITE http://mirnahidalgo.strikingly.com/
Hi, I am Mirna Hidalgo. I am a lawyer and have spent almost 20 years providing strategic legal advice, negotiating multimillion transactions and leading international project teams. Experience thought me that formal qualifications do not prepare you for the most interesting challenge in any job and life in general: dealing with people. You may be great at what you do, have the right answers, or be the most knowledgeable expert in your field, but you will still need to face a difficult boss, deal with complex relationships with colleagues, children who make unreasonable claims at home, and manage your own fears and anxiety…
You never graduate from difficult relationships, conflicts and the need to negotiate and influence others. I have spent a lot of time and energy learning and living the theory and practice of strategic thinking, conflict management and negotiation. Knowing yourself, exploring what you really want and interacting with others to get there should not have to be a struggle. It can also be an adventure.
It makes me very happy to share what I know about personal growth and interpersonal skills in both corporate settings or one-to-one training and coaching sessions. I love seeing how a mix of self-reflection and interaction empowers people to find solutions and achieve their goals by themselves.
I am also an artist and I believe cultivating creative thinking is key to living and working wisely. You can see my artwork in Facebook Mirna Hidalgo MirnArt.
In sum, this is what I stand for:
- M otivate yourself
- I nspire your dreams
- R esolve your conflicts and commit to your goals
- N urture your passion and have
- A mbition and accountability to achieve your own vision
- before working as corporate trainer and coach, I was Head of Strategy and member of the Management Team at Euroclear, a leading financial institution and previously Vice President at JP Morgan Chase.
- law degree (Universidad de Mendoza, Argentina) and postgraduate masters in International Legal Cooperation (LLM in International and European Law, VUB) and Law and Economics of Competition (Brussels School of Competition).
- certified coach in stress-management and burn-out prevention (granted by Dr Luc Swinnen, the leading authority in these issues in Belgium) and have followed and designed several training courses in leadership, personal influence, communication skills and negotiation. I also spend time researching creativity and innovation issues and their relation to interpersonal skills and leadership.
- my clients include multinationals, I have lectured for the UN and EU and I teach Communication skills applied to negotiations at the College of Europe’s Development Office which forms diplomats and professionals in negotiation skills. My coaching clients are highly motivated men and women who want to thrive in life and do not settle for mere survival.
- socially engaged, I am a co- founder of an NGO that promotes access of girls and women to employment and careers in strategic sectors. I am a member of the Advisory Board of Coworking Les Galeries in Brussels, a space that promotes collaborative work and also supports art and design.
- dance teacher with 30 years of experience. I have created a course for women that combines exercise, deep breathing techniques, relaxation and group coaching in a playful way.
- Painter- I study oil-painting at the Fine Arts Academy of Bruges (all paintings illustrating this site are mine).
- I am fluent in English, French, Dutch and Spanish.
- and last, and most importantly, I am the wife of an extraordinary man, mum of a teenager and daughter of the wisest parents on earth!
I’d love to hear from you. You can:
or contact me through Skype at mirnahidalgo009